Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Draft Complete!

I can't believe I finally did it! I started this book three years ago! After stopping for months at a time I finally got into a good rhythm a few months ago. There is so much work to do on this draft. I changed names, character descriptions, and little plot lines throughout the book as I went along. I plan to re-write the first chapter too. But that's okay! I AM FINISHED WITH MY FIRST DRAFT!!! This was the biggest goal I ever gave myself, and I can't believe I finally accomplished it. I AM SO HAPPY!

First Draft Word Count: 68,833
Double Spaced Pages: 216 (I think that'll be around 275 novel pages.)

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Kathryn! Good job! I'm nearing the 20k mark myself, so hopefully I'll catch up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you're doing great almost 1/3 through! You'll definitely finish in less than 3 years. ;) Thanks for pushing me.

    ReplyDelete