Thursday, August 2, 2012

Attempts at early morning inspiration...

Yay! I hit the 10,000 word mark!
So my plan this week was to wake up every morning at 5am and write before the kids got out of bed.  Monday, my alarm went off and I hit the snooze repeatedly before turning the clock off and going back to sleep.  Tuesday my alarm didn't go off as the am/pm was switched.  Wednesday I decided to wake up at 6 instead of 5 since we had a late night.  I only pushed the snooze button twice and got up at 6:20.  Before I had even left my bedroom however, my four year old wanders in, sees me up and thinks it's time to wake up.  I convince him to go potty and get back in bed, make it into the computer room and sit at the desk.  At first my brain refuses to believe that I am expecting it work at such an early hour, but with a little persuasion, it finally kicks in and I begin writing.  I got a little more than a paragraph done before all three of my oldest kids come running in, the six year old fully dressed, and asking for food.  So much for that attempt.  Thursday my alarm didn't go off once again because I forgot to switch it back from the "set the alarm" screen to the time screen.   So here I am once again typing late into the night.  My husband is out of town this weekend and I was hoping to get some work done during the time we would normally be watching shows.  So I've worked/searched the internet for about 45 minutes and I'm calling it quits as I had high hopes of watching Thor or Captain America tonight...though seeing how late it is I may just settle for an old Highlander episode instead.  Happy Writing!
-Kiera
10,179 words and counting.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you're doing good. Writing moms will always have unexpected delays. I took this week off because I watched the olympics late every night. I'll get back to early mornings next week. I promise!! Maybe I shouldn't set goals. I think with goals I feel like I'll never accomplish them so why try. That's bad! lol

    ReplyDelete