Friday, August 10, 2012

My Writing Progress and Goals

Hi Writing Friends! I wanted to share my writing progress and goals with you.

I got the idea to write a book over three years ago. At first I thought I'd write a picture book. I even submitted one to a few publishers. I enjoyed the writing and submitting process. At that time my love for reading young adult books was quickly growing. So I made the life changing decision to write a young adult novel.

I really love making up my own fictional characters and world. After reading everyone else's books it's my turn to decide the story and share it with the world. It's taken a long time. I struggle with Writer's Confidence. I have to fight thoughts that tell me I can't write, and everyone will laugh at me. Sad, but true. I also am a stay at home mom for three energetic boys, 5, 3, and 1 year olds. My life isn't too crazy or anything. ;)

I hope to finish my first draft in the next month or two and start on the editing process. I'm actually looking forward to editing my book to be its best. Now that I see the end of my first draft in sight I have the motivation to write faster.

Current Writing Stats:
180 pages
56,707 words

I'll keep you posted. Happy Writing!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck on your book! I really enjoy your blogs and I hope I'll be able to read your book someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbi- Thanks! I hope everyone can read it one day. That would be amazing.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting Kathryn! I think that lack of confidence in our own writing abilities can be a hard obstacle to overcome and probably keeps many people from even trying. But, that just means there are more chances for those of us who push through it! I know you'll be a great writer and I can't wait to see your book on the shelves soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiera- It's true. I've read blog posts by best sellers that still struggle with writer confidence. It's just something to constantly deal with. I find when the plot and characters are really flowing and exciting I don't even worry about sounding ridiculous. I'm pretty sure those parts are awesome. ;) Now I just need to finish my draft so I can go back and make all the parts awesome.

      Delete
  3. I wish you the best of luck on your book! I am currently in round one of the editing stages for my own young adult book. I completely agree that creating characters and worlds is exhilarating and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sisters- Thanks! Good luck with your editing. You'll have to keep me updated on your publishing process.

      Delete
  4. That's so cool! :D I can't wait to hear what it's about. If you ever wanna talk writing your share critiques (cuz I'm totally a writer) I'd love to! Keep it up! <3Inky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah- I'm glad you're excited. That's so awesome that you're writing. I wish I wrote in high school so I wouldn't have so much to learn 10 years later! You should totally contribute to this blog if you ever have time. Email Kiera to get an invite. kthaden1 (at) gmail (dot) com

      Delete